Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with "rank" and suppress null values

Hello,

I have a problem with my QVW in attached.

Rank.jpg

I have simplified the example and I cannot suppress the 0 values in the script (because qty are linked to a date and I filter the date using a calendar in the report).

I have:

- Item

- Seller

- Quantity

I want to sum the quantities by Item and Seller and show the line ONLY if the sum of Qty is not equal to 0.

It is OK with 3 columns (Item, Seller and sum of Qty), but if I add a rank column, the lines with null values appear (the suppress null values is checked).

How can I suppress thes lines and keep my rank columns ?

Thank you,

Willy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

What I've intended to say:

'Suppressing of zero values' will be disabled when using certain functions, like the rank().

It seems that there was a change in recent version (not in your 10.00), that handles at least NULL values differently (maybe also zero values). I believe that's why settu, Sunny and myself can't reproduce your issue on our machines.

I am not 100% sure if the change was also documented, could you post your 10.0 documentation line for that Note! I've posted above (just look into the Help for rank(), this line should be top of the page)?

I also believe it has nothing to do with NULLs in the rank function, but returned NULLs and zeros and usage of the 'supress zero values' feature.

Sorry, if this is getting complicated.

You said, on server side it's KO, too. That means it's not working, right? Same 10.00 version on that server?

Any chance to test on a  more recent major version?

View solution in original post

18 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

your attached seems to be fine.

Capture.1JPG.JPG

or do you need something else?

sunny_talwar

Yup I see what Settu Periasamy‌ mentioned.

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

on my screen I see the null lines --> See my screenshot

You do not see them when you open it ?

Willy

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

on my screen I see the null lines --> See my screenshot

You do not see them when you open it ?

Willy

sunny_talwar

Nope, no blank rows

sunny_talwar

They show up if I uncheck Suppress Zero-Values in Presentation tab

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

OK thank you.

I will try on another PC / Server.

Regards,

Willy

sunny_talwar

I think that would be ideal. I wish we could have been more helpful, but I hope you will be able to resolve your issue.

Best,

Sunny

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

For testing, can you open the attachment and tell us, it showing the null values or not.