Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with syntax in resident load

Hi all,

I have a problem with the syntax in the given data.

I want to make a resident load with a where-statement, but the syntax leads to a wrong result:

Liste1:

Load *

Resident  Testliste

where wildmatch(Projektbaum,''Car / Bike');               //"Car / Bike" = should be like one word

Liste2:

Load *

Resident  Testliste

where wildmatch(Projektbaum,''Haus / Baum');           //"Haus / Baum" = should be like one word

The / leads to a problem as there are wrong results for both lists=> I can't change the syntax as it is needed later in this way.

Do you have any idea how to solve that problem?

Thank you very much!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

It seems that you are using double quote, try single quote in Wildmatch function.

And one more thing to notice here that you should either use the "noconcatenate" keyword before second table loading, the reason is both the table will have same fields and thus QlikView will concatenate them by default.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

It seems that you are using double quote, try single quote in Wildmatch function.

And one more thing to notice here that you should either use the "noconcatenate" keyword before second table loading, the reason is both the table will have same fields and thus QlikView will concatenate them by default.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Are you mixing two singles quote at the beginning of the strings to match with one single quote at the end?

I think you should use single quote only. If you don't use wildcards, you can use the match function.

I can't currently see a problem with the slash '/', but maybe I am missing something. Could you upload some sample lines of input data?

Not applicable
Author

try this..

Load *

Resident  Testliste

where wildmatch(Projektbaum,'Car','Bike');

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik Solanki,

thank you for your anwser, but in my skript i am using single quote and noconcatenate.

There are a lot of Test-Lists in which I use resident load in combination with where.

The only problem is with the the writing of two statements with /

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

try this.

wildmatch(Projektbaum,'*Car*/*Bike*'); 

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thank you fpr your answer!

I am using single quotations! The skript is really long so that I can't upload it. But I made several tests and I only get the problem with /

Thanks for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

... it also didn't work

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Kindly Post your script.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ok, but it's really hard to reproduce your issue without knowing your setting. Just telling 'it does not work' is not helping very much. It would be best if you prepare a small sample application that demonstrates your issue and post it to this thread.

I've attached a sample, seems to work ok for me.