Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problems with ADMIN Access

Hi all,

I've recently setup a model with Dynamic data reduction. In my test environment (my laptop) everything is happy, the different logins work correctly.

I've moved the model to our server and for some reason the Admin user account get's an 'Access to this Qlikview Document is Denied'. The rest of the logins work as in the test environment.

Not too sure what to look at from here ...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hmm! I dont think strict exclusion existed in 7.2 so that sounds like the issue.....

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Presumably you get the userid/password challenges before the 'Access id denied...' message?

Is the Admin user account (on the server?) accessing the document via the plugin or thru a windows install (eg Enterprise)?

Is the document set to strict exclusion - is it possible the Admin account has no data available to it?

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your sugestions, below is my feedback.

• Yes, I get a challenge for UserID/Pword.
  • Installation on the Server is Qlikview Professional v7.2 ; I'm using Enterpise v7.51 on my laptop.
  • The document is set to strict exlusion. I can't imagine that data is the problem though ... I took the model as is from my test environment (fully populated with data) where all the logins worked predictably.

Could it be the difference in versions of Qlikview that are in play here?

Not applicable
Author

Take the strict exclusion off for now and test again, just to remove it from the equation.

Are you sure that the access mechanism is OK? Are you using NT authentication or is it that QV doesnt seem to reconcile the userid/password you are entering? You could experiment with using '*' for all (dont forget to declare it in the script!).

I dont know if the different versions are the problem to be honest.

Regards,

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

Ok so this is just getting stranger.

I took off Strict Exclusion and it opens with Admin.

Is Admin Defined differently in Qlikview Professional vs Enterprise?

Not applicable
Author

Hmm! I dont think strict exclusion existed in 7.2 so that sounds like the issue.....

Not applicable
Author

I'm gonna see if I can't get them to upgrade the server (about time I think anyway).

It is strange though becuase only the ADMIN login fails, the regualr USER logins open the model just fine with the Strict Exclusion enabled.

In any case thanks for your suggestions ... Will post back once I've had more time to play with this.

Not applicable
Author

Upgrading to a later version of Qlikview seems to have resolved this. Thanks for the help!Yes