Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Purposely corrupt a QVD

I want to test some code that looks to see if a .QVD is corrupt by looking for the 'CORRUPT' in the filename or file extension.  I don't have any corrupt .QVDs available at the moment.  Does anyone know of a way I can corrupt a .QVD test file to see if my script works?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Yeah...I think another person did this.

But if you want to purposefully create a corrupted QVD, you can probably open it in notepad and delete some random characters or something. I haven't tried this myself, but if I was a QVD that would corrupt me

Vlad

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I'm not sure I understand (or maybe my knowledge on this subject is incomplete). I've never heard of QlikView automatically renaming a corrupt QVD to .CORRUPT. Or are you saying that your script does this?

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

If I remember correctly, the filename looks something like: QVDNAME.qvd.corrupted .  I was assuming that Qlikview did this, but it is possible that another person or another application could have done it.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Yeah...I think another person did this.

But if you want to purposefully create a corrupted QVD, you can probably open it in notepad and delete some random characters or something. I haven't tried this myself, but if I was a QVD that would corrupt me

Vlad