Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Reload not finishing

Good morning, as of today...my scripts are getting stuck at the Store QVD statement. The script just hangs and won't finish.

So i decided to run a simple script:

Test:

LOAD * INLINE [

A, B

1, 1

2, 2

3, 3

4, 4

5, 5

];

Store Test Into (qvd);

Drop Table Test;

Even this won't work...it stores the qvd...but with the "close when finished" button checked it still won't finish out..

Any ideas? Is this something local to my machine that's wrong?

39 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try like this

Let vSouce:'C:Users\Desktop\';

Store Test into $(vSource)Test.QVD;

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, this didn't work. Still the same issue.

I was going to be very confused if this was the fix...as all we are doing was using a variable instead of a filepath.

What is going on ??

Not applicable
Author

It does produce the output file..but won't close out the script...

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Is you script as simple as it is here?

Looks to me that QV is creating big synthetic keys, that is why it takes long to close the script window. Are all tables dropped?

Not applicable
Author

That's the test script i'm trying to run...it's outputting the file, but won't finish out the script

No clue what's going on...it worked yesterday and for the months before. Restarted computer to see if that might have been the issue...

I'm at such a loss

Not applicable
Author

Can you activate the Document Log (Settings -> Document Properties - >Generate Logfile) and attach it. Sames script works fine for me.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

If that is the whole script then I don't know. I tried it and it works for me. QV has that behavior only when constructing a bad data model after reload. Version?

Not applicable
Author

Log file attached, thank you sincerely for taking a look! Everything worked fine yesterday..

Not applicable
Author

11.20.12354.0 SR6 64 bit edition - personal edition

Trying to sell my organization on buying server edition - this kind of issue makes that difficult...