cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QV developement Optimization

Hi,

I need your help to optimize my report on QV.

I developed a report respecting the star modeling, but the key who linked my fact table with my other table content a concatenation of 9 fields, knowing that i've more that 6 million of rows.

I thinks that this way of creating my key break down the performence of my report.

can you advice me how to develop properly my report ?

thanks.

4 Replies
RedSky001
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You want to try and keep your joining field values as short as possible, for example

'Value1' & 'Value2'  & 'Value3' as myKey

The length of the field is quite high 18.

Use Autonumber()

Autonumber('Value1' & 'Value2'  & 'Value3') as myKey

This is taken from the help:

Returns a unique integer value for each distinct evaluated value of expression encountered during the script

execution. This function can be used e.g. for creating a compact memory representation of a complex key.

In order to create multiple counter instances if the autonumber function is used on different keys within the

script, an optional parameter AutoID can be used for naming each counter.

(If you'd like further assistance you might want to upload your QVW or at least a screen grab of the data model.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i used autohashnumber256.

i can't upload the QVW , 70Mo , iit will be hard

so i'll upload some screen :

Star.PNG

Code.PNG

RedSky001
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Rereading your first post I'm now unclear what you are asking for, your question is vague.

Perharps a metaphor would be if you took your car to a garage and asked the engineer "Can you make my car work better?"

"I thinks that this way of creating my key break down the performence of my report.

can you advice me how to develop properly my report ?"

Are you suggesting you have not devloped your report* properly?

What do you mean by "report" do you mean the data model or the UI?

Are you experiencing performance issues, what are they, what are you expecations?

Not applicable
Author

Hello.........

Please can any one help me to under stand the difference b/w

QMC and QEMC?