Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Not applicable

QVD Embedded Labels

Hi,

I have a series of QVD's within which row 1 contains the headers for the file.

Is there a way to replace the existing qvd headers with the data for each field in row 1? Basically I want to apply the "embedded labels" option which is available when uploading an excel file.

Thanks,

John

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: QVD Embedded Labels

Have a look on this example - it's not very elegant but it worked. Origin and table1 are only kept to show the interim stages.

- Marcus

9 Replies

It's not quite clear what do you want to do - but I think you will need to adjust the table before they will be stored as qvd - fieldnames are esential even if they are only column-no like @1, @2 ...

- Marcus

Not applicable

Hi,

Try this:

open the qvd from table files, click on next -> next ->in file wizard.

then you will find labels in the next window. select embedded labels and then do the actions you want and click finish.

embedded.JPG

HIC

Not applicable

Hi Marcus,

Hopefully the below will clear it up. I need to replace the row in orange with the row in green and use this row as the new fieldnames.

QVD_Headers.PNG

Not applicable

Hi Prrajendran,

I tried this option but it doesn't seem to have any impact on a qvd load, the labels remain the same as they are without selecting embedded labels.

Has this worked for you?

Not applicable

if you want to rename the labels,

then...after selecting Embedded labels. double click on the label and rename in the wizardemb.jpg

Not applicable

or you can do this.

open qvd, click next-> enable tranformation step -> select the row 1 -> click delete marked -> next ->

embedded labels -> double click on column name, then rename field1 as Name, field2 as.......

then click finish

Not applicable

Thanks Prrajendran, this needs to be a scripted solution I'm afraid. The above was just an example, the actual issue applies to thousands of files with around 100 fields in each file.

Have a look on this example - it's not very elegant but it worked. Origin and table1 are only kept to show the interim stages.

- Marcus

Not applicable

Thanks Marcus, the combination of crosstable and mapping loads along with only loading row 1 worked perfectly!

Community Browser