Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prabhuappu
Creator II
Creator II

QVD Metadata Reading

Hi,

I am just trying to read the QVD Metadata. when I open a QVD file in notepad, I found Bias property for a field. What is the meaning of that?

Capture.PNG.png

Can anyone please explain the meaning of Bias?

thanks in Advance

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could try to find out more about meta-data with Governance Materials.zip. There is a QVDMonitor with some explanations - maybe for Bias, too.

- Marcus

prabhuappu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried with the governance material. but no luck.

Actually i tried reading the data from the QVD using C#.

i can read some of the data correctly. but when i read the data from the field with bias -2, the data'a are not correct.

Do you have any idea on that?

Regards,

PRABHU APPU

marcus_sommer

Why do you try to read a qvd from outside - what's your aim? There are already several tools for this, have for example a look here:

Q-Eye Freware QVD and QVX Viewer

QViewer - visualizador de qvds

QVX & QVD Converter Java library

QlikView App: TIQView Tools v2

- Marcus

prabhuappu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Marcus,

We are trying to send the data to the end user through webservice. we created a webservice in asp.net.

So we need to read the QVD in C#. We are getting the wrong data only for the fields with bias "-2".

The above standalone tools won't help for our scenario

Regards,

Prabhu Appu.

marcus_sommer

It seems that if your routine could read all data correctly unless <Bias>-2</Bias> that there is a small error in your code, perhaps a collision with C# syntax.

Maybe you don't need these value then it belonged to the meta-data from the data and is outside from qv not really important. It could also be that it is a default-value which is for all qvd the same and you could set these "hard-coded" in your routine (not really sophisticated but sometimes ...).

- Marcus