Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVD not being read (help)

Hi,

This is unusual because i store a lot of excels in QVD format so then i could only read QVD for faster reloads. everything is great but i have one QVD file that is not being read when i reload. it gives out an error that file cannot be open. how can this be?

I have like hundreds of QVDs being read and only one QVD gives me this kind of error.

Please help..

Thanks!

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Perhaps other user / program / scheduled job accessing same QVD at the same time, possibly across shared folders?

-Alex

prieper
Master II
Master II

Following the idea of Alexander: Try to rename the qvd in Explorer - if you get an error-message, there is another process accessing this file - might also be a crashed QV-instance, which has created the file or the like ...

If yes, just restart - this should clear all blockages.
If not, would guess that the qvd is corrupt and should be created again.

HTH
Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I've had a similar problem recently, but found as I was using a variable to define the QVD name this was the source of the problem, in my input box deleted the variable and created a new one then the reload worked fine.

Thanks

Gavin

prieper
Master II
Master II

hmmm
I am confronted with this behaviour now as well: I load and save a lot of files with (composite) variables and have quite often errormessages like "could not save" or "file not found". I am using vers. 10 SR1, under vers. 9 did not experience this. Which version are you using?

++
Peter

Not applicable
Author

I've just started to experience the same problem....

My script is joining data to an additional QVD, this QVD is reference by several scheduled jobs and is accessible by them. But when I try to run against it manually whilst I'm tweaking, I get the same "Cannot open QVD" error message.

At a guess, I'd say that the QVD isn't corrupted as it works with other jobs. I have made a copy of this so that I am the only one accessing it at a time, I have changed the varialbe path that is picking it up (although the last path was used for all data files and worked fine) but still receive this error.

Has anyone managed to find a way around this yet?

Many thanks,

Ronnie

prieper
Master II
Master II

My problem is solved,
after completely switching off the backup-process (and then restarting after a while), these problem do not incur any longer. So we guess that there was something running out of control with the backup-program.

Can it be that your error-message is probably misleading and that the data in your application and in the qvd have different fields? Thus it is trying to save some quadrillions of records (out of a cartesian product)? In this case can you try to combine the data with CONCATENATE LOAD ...?

++
Peter