Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVSource twitter connector since_id ?

Hi friends, is anyone kind to say me what since_id is?

I don't know how to start the analysis from a defined date! Could anyone HELP me ?

Thanks a lot

Mirco

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

Thanks for suggesting to contact us, which for the benefit of other's reading this, Mirco did.

So, to answer the questions, the Twitter Search API returns the last set of Tweets based on a search (either 1 week's worth of Tweets or 1,500 Tweets, which ever is reached first) - this is a limitation of the Twitter API, not QVSource.

As such you can't define a start date in the way that you would like.

You can set the since_id to the last Tweet that you retrieved, which helps QVSource be more efficient in it's calls to the Twitter API, so you don't make more requests than it needs to.

You can read more about these two points on our dedicated documentation site:

http://wiki.qvsource.com/Twitter-Connector-For-QlikView.ashx?#Performing_a_Twitter_Search_6

Regards,

Darren

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

In this regard, contacting QVsource support would be better.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

Thanks for suggesting to contact us, which for the benefit of other's reading this, Mirco did.

So, to answer the questions, the Twitter Search API returns the last set of Tweets based on a search (either 1 week's worth of Tweets or 1,500 Tweets, which ever is reached first) - this is a limitation of the Twitter API, not QVSource.

As such you can't define a start date in the way that you would like.

You can set the since_id to the last Tweet that you retrieved, which helps QVSource be more efficient in it's calls to the Twitter API, so you don't make more requests than it needs to.

You can read more about these two points on our dedicated documentation site:

http://wiki.qvsource.com/Twitter-Connector-For-QlikView.ashx?#Performing_a_Twitter_Search_6

Regards,

Darren