Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
softsystemit
Partner - Contributor III

QVW reloads fine and fast with developer, but never ends with qv server(tasks)

Hi,

Anyone ever been through this problem?

I have a qvw which loads from a oracle db, when i run with QV Developer, it takes around 10 to 13 minutes to complete the reload. But when i try to reload with Management Console, it takes FOREVER.

There's no error, there's nothing. The log keeps logging "Reloading..." "Slowing down" "Reloading...", it doesn't matter how much time i left it handling the session, 1h, 10h, 24h... it never stops, it never crashes, it never ends!

Was using the beta version 11.20.11643.0, but i've tried with some older versions too, and nothing changed. Currently using 11.0.11426.0, just because i've think there's nothing to do with the version anymore

So i started monitoring my qvds folders, sometimes it stops at the firts qvd that have to be stored, sometimes stops at the middle... but always something like 3 or 4 minutes after the start(looking at the date/time created/saved).

Any clues?

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

have you tried to reload that file on the server using QV Desktop installed there? What is result?

regards

softsystemit
Author

Working fine with Desktop.

The reason why i took so long to answer it's because at that time we ended up not using that machine. Tried at another and it was working fine... But now, few months later, with Qlikview SR3 i am facing the same problem, again.

pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello,

I have experienced this type of behaviour while a QVW was trying to read a QVD file that was being updated by another QVW reload task running in parallel.

If I may, I would suggest you take a look at your reload schedules to make sure no two conflicting activities around the same set of QVD's occur at the same time.

Cheers,

Philippe