Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.
I have been using the QlikView connector for Salesforce available from QlikView. However, this has recently stopped allowing me to connect.
I know that a recent update to the Salesforce platform updated the API.
Is anyone else having trouble connecting to Salesforce from QlikView using the connector?
Go to Solution.
This seems to be fixed. I am told from QlikTech support that Salesforce fixed something in their API that was causing the connector to fail.
Hi we have the same problem since 26.05.09. Is seems to be a problem with the summer--release from salesforce. i opend a case there.
I will inform you if i get a reply
Hi - same problem here since 6/27. Please post if you find an answer
I also can't connect to Salesforce. The error I get is "Custom connection failed". I'm using the DLLs and sample app that are provided on the Salesforce AppExchange site.
I'm wondering if the DLL was written to work with QlikView 8.5. I am currently using 9.0. Has a version of the DLL been provided for 9.0?
Is it possible that QlikView would give us the source code for the DLL so that we can figure out what's going on?
Yes, I can confirm that. SalesForce has changed something and the connector is working well again.
I am trying to use that dll to connect to SalesForce but I still get that "Custom connection failed" error message.
Do you guys experience the same problem ?
There are several possible reasons for this.
1. Did you change the API version in the connection dialog? It allows you to change it but you shouldn't.
2. Did you use the correct security token? This is what you add to the end of your Salesforce password.
3. Do you have the correct version of the Salesforce DLL for your system? 32 vs 64 bit. Is it in the same folder as qv.exe?
4. Does the edition of your Salesforce org actually allow API access? Some of them don't.
1. I haven't changed the version. Just taking the default one i.e. API level 11.
2. I've reset my token, being used concatenated to my password.
3. I took the one present in QlikView for Salesforce.zip from the demo site(32 and 64).
4. I'm using the professional edition.
Thanks for your help.
I don't believe Professional edition allows for API access. You should check with your Salesforce adminstrator and/or your Salesforce account manager to confirm.