Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView ODBC in version 9

Does anybody know why they removed the ODBC driver in QV 9? I found a solution to use the the 8.5 driver on QV 9 but is there a reason that the driver is not available in 9?

FYI: When using the 8.5 driver on QV 9 it's not possbile to work with minimized tables anymore, all tables that should be available for the ODBC driver need to be visible. (this was not the case in QV 8.5)

regards Mark

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello Stefan,

Yes I got this answer from QlikTech Support:
The QlikODBC has was removed from the 8.50 installation package and as you already know, will not be included in the QV9 installation. The file has been removed due lack of updates as its part of the QV legacy to be use before QV supported reports.

I also contacted my local partner manager about this case, he told me that a complete new ODBC driver will be available in a later release. I can use the 8.5 driver (like described above) untill that time.

Kind Regards,

Mark

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Mark,

I'd shoot this question over to QT Support, and please post what they find out. Seems like a peculiar issue.

http://www.qlik.com/formpage.aspx?id=1500

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Jason,

Thank you for that suggestion, I never used this form before.. Are you sure this support form is working properly, because it does not come up with a response like 'succesfully submitted" or something, and I also can't select a country. It seems a litte bit outdated (no QV 9 in product selection), but maybe that is just my feeling..

regards Mark

Not applicable
Author

Ha, I just realized the form didn't have QV9 on there. I'll shoot this thread over to the support guys and have them take a look; I'll also make sure that form is working correctly. Thanks for the heads-up.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

did you already get an answer from QlikTech regarding the ODBC driver?

Best regards
Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hello Stefan,

Yes I got this answer from QlikTech Support:
The QlikODBC has was removed from the 8.50 installation package and as you already know, will not be included in the QV9 installation. The file has been removed due lack of updates as its part of the QV legacy to be use before QV supported reports.

I also contacted my local partner manager about this case, he told me that a complete new ODBC driver will be available in a later release. I can use the 8.5 driver (like described above) untill that time.

Kind Regards,

Mark

Not applicable
Author

OK; very interesting ... thanks for your reply.

Best regards

Stefan

piotr_kierul
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Mark,

How did you manage to use QlikView ODBC Driver in v9.0? It would be graet if you could share a solution. Best regards.

Piotr

Not applicable
Author

Hello Piotr,

First of all sorry for my late answer. You can use the ODBC driver by copying the QlikODBC.dll file (I'm not sure if that is the correct name, but it should be something similar) from the QlikView 8 folder in the QlikView 9 folder (you should have both version installed). Next search in the register for the keys related to this ODBC driver and update the locations references there as well. Now you can use the driver with QlikView 9 documents. Make sure the tables that you want to use are maximized on the sheet in your QlikView document.

Kind regards,

Mark

Not applicable
Author

The ODBC driver no longer works for QlikView 10 it seems. It reports no tables. Any info on when the new ODBC will be released?

Cheers,

Martin Grape

ActionBase