Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

pover
Not applicable

QlikView SAP Connector - UTF-8

In a prospect we are having problems extracting data from SAP BW. We are able to connect, but the values we extract are strange characters or null values. The prospect's basis consultants tell us that the SAP BW is configured for UTF-8 and it appears to them that the QlikView transports don't support this configuration. Has anybody else had experience with this subject?

We are also investigating other possible reasons for the problem like the version of SAP BW which is version 7.0 with superpackages 19 or 21, permissions or the version of QlikView SAP Connector. We've tried version 5.4 SR1 and 5.5 SR3 so far. Anybody else have any idea?

We use the SAP SQL Connector for faster extraction of the BW cubes and this would be the preferable way to extract the data.

Thanks for the help.

Regards.

9 Replies
disqr_rm
Not applicable

QlikView SAP Connector - UTF-8

Hi Karl,

I think there is way to specify codepage in your connection parameters when using SAP Connector. Did you try that already?

Rakesh

pover
Not applicable

QlikView SAP Connector - UTF-8

Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for the reply. I don't see anything in the connection string about codepage in the 5.5 version.

Regards.

suniljain
Not applicable

QlikView SAP Connector - UTF-8

Request you that

copy QlikviewSAPConnector.dll into

C:\windows\system32.

OR

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\QlikviewSAPConnector.dll

pover
Not applicable

QlikView SAP Connector - UTF-8

Why is this?

disqr_rm
Not applicable

QlikView SAP Connector - UTF-8

hmmm!!! I guess I got mixed up with something else.

I think you should go ahead and contact QlikView support. You may also want to try to install connector on your laptop and see how it react on it. Sometime the data you fetch from SAP should be compatible with codepage or languages installed on the server/PC. I had problem with some chinese characters and this solved my issue. I had to install asian fonts, etc.

Sorry, could be of much help.

Rakesh

pover
Not applicable

QlikView SAP Connector - UTF-8

No problem, Rakesh. Thanks for the reply.

Regards.

suniljain
Not applicable

QlikView SAP Connector - UTF-8

Reason behind that is

I assume that some of your BW systems may have non-english characters in their names.

pover
Not applicable

QlikView SAP Connector - UTF-8

The problem seems to be resolved. The problem had something to do with the Sandbox environment because it works fine in the Development environment.

That is the second time that a Sandbox environment has given us problems, so if we learn anything from this is that we should try to avoid Sandbox environment because they are usually too unstable.

Regards.

disqr_rm
Not applicable

QlikView SAP Connector - UTF-8

Good feedback Karl. Like I mentioned, I had similar problem with asian fonts and codepage/regional settings on one server. In such situations, I always try to test with more than one servers/PCs to make sure it's not windows environment problems for some reason.

Glad you could work this out.

Rakesh