Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView and Full Stops.

Hello,

I currently have two different orders and for this instance we will call it Order 123 and there is another order in the system with Order No 123. (with a full stop at the end). However, when I look in QlikView it is showing that there are two orders for 123 when in fact there aren't due to the full stop. Is there a way of getting around this?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

17 Replies
anbu1984
Master III
Master III

Remove the dot while loading Order No in script like below

Load Purgechar(OrderNoField,'.') As OrderNoField ...

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If these two records belong to the same order, I would recommend removing the full stop on load time:

LOAD

purgechar(OrderField,'.') as OrderField,

Not applicable
Author

while loading you can change the Order nos like

=PurgeChar('Order123.','.')

This will return Order123, the trailing fullstop is removed.

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

In the load script force the order field to load as text:

Text(Order) as Order

Text

text(expression )

The text function forces the expression to be treated as text, even if a numeric interpretation is possible.

Not applicable
Author

I've just tried using Piet Hein van der Stigchel's and it hasn't worked.It is still bringing back the result as one, when it should be two. These are separate orders as well, so the PurgeChar function wouldn't work here (anbu cheliyan swuehl and ramko496‌)

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try

Text(Replace(OrderNumber, '.', ''))

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Can you explain your requirement with examples.???

When you need two different orders and when you required as one.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

Hello.

QlikView currently shows Order 123 with a frequency of two.

However, when I look in the database there is Order 123 (which QlikView shows) and Order 123. (which QlikView doesn't show because of the full stop.)

What I require is the two to be shown differently, ideally as they are in the database.

Kind Regards

Andrew

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Piet's suggestion is correct and it should work. I suggest that you post the relevant part of your load script to see why it appears not to be working for you.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein