Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView and MS Access problem

Hi,

I am having an issue with QlikView and Access. I have a administration system in ms access which is used to manage models and users, especially email addresses so I can easily create email distribution lists for each model. I have forced the 32bit connection (connect32) and even converted the access database from accdb to mdb. This enabled me to create the oledb connection which works perfectly and when I reload from within the model I have no issues at all.

My problem comes in when I try reload the model through the Managment Console, it keeps failing??? If I take out code connecting to Access it works fine.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Solved this by upgrading to QlikView 10, apparently an issue with QV 9 and the OLEDB CONNECT 32.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Probably the user running QlikView Distribution Service doesn't have access to the access database

Not applicable
Author

The email addresses are being pulled from the access database into a qlikview variable which is then being used in the  'Alert' function on a post reload trigger to populate the mail recipients. The database is stored on the qlikview server Data folder and all administrators have access to the folder and file.

/*OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=\\qlikview-01\qlikview\QVData\Data\QlikViewModelOverview.mdb;Mode=Share Deny None;Extended Properties="";Jet OLEDB:System database="";Jet OLEDB:Registry Path="";Jet OLEDB:Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=5;Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=1;Jet OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;Jet OLEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1;Jet OLEDB:New Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Create System Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Encrypt Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Don't Copy Locale on Compact=False;Jet OLEDB:Compact Without Replica Repair=False;Jet OLEDB:SFP=False];

tmpDistributionList:

SQL SELECT Email,

Model As QVModel

FROM `QV_Details`

WHERE Model = 'Stock Analysis';

tmpConcat:

LOAD concat(Email & ';') AS EmailList

RESIDENT tmpDistributionList;

Let vEmailList = fieldvalue('EmailList',1);*/

Not applicable
Author

Solved this by upgrading to QlikView 10, apparently an issue with QV 9 and the OLEDB CONNECT 32.