Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView reload application log problem

For several reasons I'm not able to use QlikView Server (9) for my reloads, that's why I'm reloading using a batch in Windows Task Scheduler. For another reason I don't want to give users access to my QlikVIew Reload Script. This is all working, by unchecking script access only users with admin rights have access to the script. I also want to use log files from reload by for instance mailing errors from the reloadlogs to a database admin.
My problem is that when you execute reloads from batch while disabling script access for users, there is no log file created. You also can't add any user credentials or something to the batch line to perform the reload under admin rights. Is there a solution for my problem?

A possibility could be using a variable on batch line that is captured by the reload scipt that defines the section access. When this variable has a certain value section acces can be ignored or something. I tried this before but never could capture the variable in my script. Anyone managed to do this?

2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Mark wrote:You also can't add any user credentials or something to the batch line to perform the reload under admin rights. Is there a solution for my problem?

Doesn't Windows Task Scheduler allow you to specify the userid to run the task under? Can you specify a userid that has Admin rights?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hello Rob,

Thanks for your suggestion. Problem is I use section access based on QlikView license key at this moment, because only developers should be able to access the script. And I don't want to change the Tash Scheduler user at this moment, maybe it there is really no other solution.

regards Mark