Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview Governance Dashboard

How long does a reload of the Governance Dashboard usually take? The current dashboard takes more than 17 hours to relaod . I have never seen a dashboard run that long.

The governance Dashboard is an older verison would an update help with the reload time? We are still using QV11.

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Depending on the activity recorded in the logs, the load could take some time, but definitely 17 hours looks too long if you didn't modify the script and the server has resources available. Check the file size and memory footprint, just in case.

The latest version is available in the download site, you will need to check the setup to add servernames and folders for the first reload and that should be it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The File is 2.4 GB.

The audit logs is taking a long time to process

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

It's a big file, and I understand that the extended audit logs can be one of the reasons for slowness, but still 17 hours look a lot to me.

Check if you really need those extended audit logs or audit is enough, note that audit logs record each and every user activity, and this also could impact the overall application performance (not only reloading the Governance Dashboard) if you have a lot of users or a lot of applications or both.

Finally, you can set in the QVGD > Configuration how old you want the app to load data, from 2 to 36 months, also heatmap and check whether you need or not the extra fields for troubleshooting.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The extended audit logging is disabled for the Server. This is where I checked first since I suspected that could be the root cause

The version we are using is 1.1.1. Here we have an option under the Configuration of the Governance Dashboard App to load for one year.I dont see any heatmap in this version

How do we set the QVGD  > Configuration to load from 2 to 36 months.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Those are probably features of the versions 2.x

Download the latest version as mentioned above and you will see these settings available in Configuration.