Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgriffiths
Creator
Creator

Qlikview Script Editor Function Pop-up Help not working.

Qlikview Script Editor Function Pop-up Help not working.

Hi,
I have recently gone to Qlikview 12.10.10000.00 SR1 and found that the Script Editor pop-up help is not working.
I have checked in Settings->User Preferences [Editor] and can see the option "Function Pop-up Help" is selected.
The pop-up help works fine in expressions in a chart, but does not work in the script editor.
Does anyone else have this issue and does anyone know how to fix it?
Many thanks for any help in advance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

One of two things is in play, either you have encountered a bug, in which case I would recommend trying SR10 for 12.10 track to test things, as if that works, then you know it was a bug that we fixed in a later SR.

The other thing that could be going on is the WindowPOS key for the Help dialog is off-screen, and the easiest way to 'fix' this one is to go to your Settings.ini file, located by default in:

C:\Users\UserProfileName\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

Open the Settings.ini file and scroll until you find the [WindowPos] tag, everything located under that tag is a dialog position value, but the problem is you have no way of knowing which one is the culprit, so  you will need to clear all of them to 'reset' things.  If that does not work, then I would venture you are definitely encountering a defect in SR1 release and updating would be your next option in that case.  Hopefully one of these will do the trick.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

One of two things is in play, either you have encountered a bug, in which case I would recommend trying SR10 for 12.10 track to test things, as if that works, then you know it was a bug that we fixed in a later SR.

The other thing that could be going on is the WindowPOS key for the Help dialog is off-screen, and the easiest way to 'fix' this one is to go to your Settings.ini file, located by default in:

C:\Users\UserProfileName\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

Open the Settings.ini file and scroll until you find the [WindowPos] tag, everything located under that tag is a dialog position value, but the problem is you have no way of knowing which one is the culprit, so  you will need to clear all of them to 'reset' things.  If that does not work, then I would venture you are definitely encountering a defect in SR1 release and updating would be your next option in that case.  Hopefully one of these will do the trick.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
pgriffiths
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you so much Brett.
I removed the window pos settings under the [WindowPos] tag.
All is now working great again.
Its only a little thing, but when its gone, you find out how much you glance at it without knowing.
Many thanks.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Awesome, glad that worked for you, will have to check to see if we have an Article on this, as it would make a good one if we do not!

Actually found one: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000002457

That is actually another way to do things without removing all your position keys!

Regards,
Brett