Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Standalone Desktop is getting Hanged.

Dear Forum,

I am in process of designing a Qlikview application for HR and Recruitment management and this is not a big application.

It contains 21 tables out of which 17 tables are master tables and contains not more than 1000 records, however other 4 tables got around 30 to 35 lacks of records.

After loadind all tables compleately, qlikview document is getting around 45 MB size and getting hanged.

There are no synthetic keys, no cyclic references exists.

All tables are connected on single column and no complex keys used within.

There are 4 sheets and all contain same selections in Listbox and Multiboxs, when i add Tablebox or Straight table the documents alert "Out of Logical memory, Increasing 0.2 MB".

This is quite natural when application is very big but in this case I don't see this application is that big or my data model is that big or complex.

What can be the probable reason for this app.

1. IIS is also running on the same machine where QV Server is also running.

2. Development is on this server machine.

3. SQL server is also installed.

4. Lots of services are on over this machine, which i feel are useless at this point.

5. Any performance panality on using Outer join or concatenate in data modeling.

Any General or Specified Ideas?

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

That doesnt seem to be a large document at all. Has the server run out of memory?

The only thing is that you have 21 tables all connected which is unusual. As an experiment, try joining some of the tables together to combine their data and reduce the number of tables/links that Qlikview has to manage.

Regards,

Gordon

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There is a possibility that the problem is with your table box and/or straight table. Try to remove all front end objects except list- and multi-boxes, and see if it works.

Not applicable
Author

Gordon,

I tried to join tables using outer join so that all data must be there and no record from master or fact table will be removed, but same out of memory problem exists. That's make to think this is due to unwanted services. There is 3 GB ram in server. There is one more thing out of 3 large tables 1 is replica of employee ( master table ) this table is used to link employee with allocation. Is it possible due to repetation of records in these 2 tables system getting hanged.

Not applicable
Author

Michael,

This is begning of application. There are only selections on document and 1 or 2 table box is slowing down application.

Any suggessions !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I still think that the problem is not in data model. And, the number of records is really small to cause any problem. What's your qvw files size?
Most likely something is wrong with your front-end objects. Try to remove them. I'm not talking about selections - just delete your front end charts/tables and see if it changes anything.

Not applicable
Author

Michael,

As i said this is begening of application. No charts or front end objects exists. On 1'st sheet itself if i add three table box this warning is shown. This made me to believe that server is also hosted on this machine and there is an application hosted might taking enough ram or logical space. What u say, is it possible?

Not applicable
Author

Also Michael, if i use outer or left joins then my app size becomes 35+ MB but removing these joins it becomes 8+ MB. Which means lots of space is consumed in maintaining relations.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Obviously I have not seen your data model, but "out of memory" and "outer join" sort of jumped out at me (especially if outer join means full outer join).

Remember that an outer join can significantly increase the size of the data. If you have two tables of 3 million records each that overlap on only 1 record, your result set will have 6 million (minus 1) records. If they overlap on none, you could get a cartesian join and land up with 9 000 billion records.

I suggest that you try selectively commenting out part of the load script to reduce the model until it loads OK. Then add back the script (excluding the last bit you commented out) one step at a time and confirm that everything loads OK, when it fails you have found the problem (or at least part of it).

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Yeah Bro...... 3 Things to do...... 1.Removal of SQL SERVER. 2.IIS SERVER. 3.NO JOINS .

SHOULD BE THERE IN YOUR SCRIPT.

I DONT THINK THIS IS THE ISSUE RELATED TO RAM OR BULK DATA ....... BECAUSE I M USING MORE THAN 23 TABLES N MORE THAN 33 LACS OF RECORD,..........

BEST OF LUCK......