Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Wildcard Freezing

Hello,

I am still quite new to QV and am trying to load in multiple .xls files into my QV script. I have been using the wildcard option however everytime I run it the script freezes and never finishes - basically crashes QV until I throw myself out and go back in again.

It works fine on the multiple files being loaded in individually but not with the wildcard. All of the files are named the same with the date being different at the end: AGESLiveBus_201310.xls (and I need to use AGESLiveBus_*.xls)

Any help would be greatfully received.

Many Thanks

Lauren

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

First, How many files do you have and how big are they. This could be because of the size issue and you are running out of ram when its trying to load the data.

Second. Enable the Generate Log option in QVW. Along with the list of fields in the load statement, create one more field like below to identify when the QVW freezes which file is being loaded.

Load

FileName() as LoadingFile

From abc...

after the freeze, you can kill the process and go check the log which file was being loaded and based that you will be able to understand further as to why this would happen.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Lauren

tyr to set a variable as

SET FileName = AGESLiveBus_*.xls;

then

Table:

LOAD * FROM $(FileName);

This works perfectly (at least for me)

best regards

chris