Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rido1421
Creator III
Creator III

Qlikview not saving data in qvw

Hi There

I have a qvw that loads a set of data, after I have saved the model and then close it it the set of data is no longer there

when I re-open the model I have to reload the data again to see it... The fields are there for the data its just the actual data is not there...

any idea what it could be or what I am missing?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Rido, if section access is the issue, try going to Document properties, Opening tab and remove the Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access option.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The document probably has section access, any change to the document requires a reload to save the full set data.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Is it maybe possible you're opening your QlikView file Without Data?

nodata.jpg

rido1421
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I think this is the issue..

without section access the document works fine...

but as soon as I put the section access back it does it again...

this is only happening with one small set of data ... the budgets

what could I do to resolve it?

Usually a document with section access prompts you to save before reloading?

this one doesnt seem to do that...

rido1421
Creator III
Creator III
Author

No ... I think the problem is that it does not save ... I am saving it after I reload but it doesnt save when i apply section access

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Rido, if section access is the issue, try going to Document properties, Opening tab and remove the Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access option.

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

A section access document prompts you to save as when any change is made to the document. Reloading as very last step before saving prevents you from storing not the full set of data.

Other issue might be that you yourself are restricted in what you can see, but are able to do a reload.

rido1421
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks... un-ticking this check box fixed the issue...

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I hope your do realize that that renders the section access useless, in which case I would find it better advice to remove the section access statement form the loadscript. Depending on use case, even better would have been to make sure that whoever should be able to do a full reload with full data also has the correct access rights to the data.

Not applicable

Hi guys,

I had similar problem. Disabling Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access option as suggested by Martin Mahler works but was confused when initially I never had this problem on the original document I was working on. What happen is that I made some changes to the original document, reload it and when I clicked the save button, QlikView displays a Save As dialog in which at that time I figured I want to change to a different name in case I needed back the original document. So I did. Then I close it and when I reopened the document (with the newly saved with different), the last data doesn't seemed to be there, changes made to the objects (resizing/rearranging their position) are still intact but the latest reloaded data wasn't.

Can somebody would give some insights to this matter? Any precaution steps to take to avoid similar problem occur again?

Thank you for your kind attention guys.

Regards,

Khairul Anuar Azuddin