Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
braham
Creator
Creator

Qlikview .qvd build fails

Hi,

I would like some help in resolving an intermittent problem that we are experiencing during our nightly .qvd builds. This activity is kicked off in the early hours of the morning when there is not a lot of activity on the server. I keep getting the following error message. This happend intermittently, and when it does happen I have to rebuild manually when there are others using the sever. What is confusing is that it happens intermittently and I cannot pin it down. Yeaterday (Saturday) it occured again. I logged on manually and reran the build and it failed twice before building successfully. On this occation I was the only user of the server. Other times I have rebuilt the .qvd and have shared the server and it rebuilt successfully.

26/05/2012 1:13:29 PM:       QVX_PIPE_ERROR:

26/05/2012 1:13:29 PM:       Error: OLEDB read failed

26/05/2012 1:17:36 PM: 0187  STORE * FROM Fact_Claims INTO Fact_Claims.qvd

26/05/2012 1:18:23 PM:       Error: User abort

26/05/2012 1:21:28 PM:       General Script Error

26/05/2012 1:21:29 PM:       Execution Failed

26/05/2012 1:21:29 PM:      Execution finished.

As far as I can tell there are no hardeare reports that indicate a failing bit of hardware. I only get this maessage when reading from our Microsoft SQL server, and not when I am running a Qlikview model. It is obviously linked to reading the SQL tables, so the question is are there any timeout settings that I need to be aware of, or any other issue that could be looked into.

Regards

Braham

7 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Braham,

maybe to see with your dba if database was fully accessible (db backup execution?) at the time when reload task performed.

regards

braham
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Krunoslav,

Thanks for the input. I have asked the system administrator to run a monitor on the system during the rebuild window so that when it fails we can see what else was running. I will keep you updated if we find anything.

Regards

Braham

jchoucq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Braham Edwards,

did you find any reasons to your script error ?

Regards,

Jo

braham
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Jo

We allocated a bit more memory to SQL and the script has run without any problems. This is not entirely satisfactory as the server used to run on a total of 12GBytes of memory. We upgraded the memory to 24GBytes and allocated 12GBytes to SQL. It was failing with 12GBytes allocated.

Thanks for the response.

Regards

Braham Edwards

General Manager: Information and Risk Management

Universal Healthcare Services (Pty) Ltd

Universal House, 15 Tambach Road, Sunninghill Park, Sandton, Gauteng, 2128

Tel: 011 208 1145 | Fax: 086 504 8891

| Email: Braham.Edwards@Universal.co.za | Website: <mailto:Braham.Edwards@Universal.co.za>

www.universal.co.za

jchoucq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

thank you very much Braham

Regards,

Jo

Not applicable

Hi,

just had the same problem using QLikview desktop client and loading a table through an ODBC connection from MS SQL server 2008 R2.

Nothing was wrong with the DB in my case (checked with Admins) and enough memory available.

After closing and reopening the desktop client, the issue seemed to be solved here.

Reload works without further error messages.

Best regards,

Erwin.

kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II

I found that restarting the SQL Server Windows service sometimes helps to overcome this issue.

Yes, it is a bandaid, but even bandaids sometimes come in handy. 🙂