Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview variables get things very slow

I am currently facing a very slow performance in Qlikview and I was wondering whether you can give me an insight as to why this is happening.

Basically I am trying to present projected values for 20 periods and each period depends on the previous period so I feed the previous period’s result in the new period.

When I add period 5 in a chart (still have 15 periods to add) it gets very slow and I was wondering if there is something wrong with using nested variables.

3 Replies
avinashelite

Could you share the expression and how your building the variables ??

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

In itself, there is nothing wrong using nested variables. If for example each variable stores a three line expression with If()s and other conditionals or Aggr()s, then the issue is not the variables, but the expression itself and you will see no improvement either using or not using variables.

If you are showing them on a chart, I would suggest to use Before(), After() and other inter-record functions instead, or even Column(). Still, if expressions are complex, you might need to move some of those aggregations to the script, either in the LOAD part or in the SQL query you do to the data source.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Avinash,

I am using a set of variables to calculate amounts for the first period. For the second period I am using results of the first period and so on.

I have attached a few screenshots for your reference.