Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quarter over Quarter Analysis

Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need to derive column based on a specific column. for better understanding consider below example.

TradeLevelDateQuarter
1230/09/20173
1330/06/20172
1331/03/21071

I need to derive status column so, in the above example Trade No = 1, for quarter 3 it need to compare the level of Quarter 2 and give it as 'TO'.

for the same trade no =1 , for quarter 2 when compared to quarter 1 as the level is same it should show same as status.

The above calculation I need in back end script.

Summary: for every trade number it should compare current qtr with previous Qtr and derive the status.

The o/p should look like:

TradeLevelStatusDateQuarter
1230/09/20173
13TI30/06/20172
13Same31/03/21071

The level should always need to be compared with previous quarter value.

Thanks,

Vivek

Message was edited by: vivek Moningi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil,

My requirement is basically I need to compute Status based on Level Column. The criteria to compute Status is done by checking level movement ( so, when i mean level movement I check the level value for Q3 against the level value for Q2, for Q2 it will be checked against Q1 and so on) based on this i will create a flag which is Status.

Status will be like this If in Q3 , Level = 3 and Q2, level =3 then status should be Same,

Q3 , lvl= 3, Q2 =1, then status should Transfer IN

Hope this give you more insights.

Thanks,

Vivek

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you make it clear the result set as well using differentiate another column? Probably that may help us to take

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil,

I have made the changes hope this fine.

Thanks,

Vivek

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Output was okay, But for me it's not understandable. Will you explain little more to check? I am sorry for that question again

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil,

My requirement is basically I need to compute Status based on Level Column. The criteria to compute Status is done by checking level movement ( so, when i mean level movement I check the level value for Q3 against the level value for Q2, for Q2 it will be checked against Q1 and so on) based on this i will create a flag which is Status.

Status will be like this If in Q3 , Level = 3 and Q2, level =3 then status should be Same,

Q3 , lvl= 3, Q2 =1, then status should Transfer IN

Hope this give you more insights.

Thanks,

Vivek