Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Querying an SQL_Server database - strange results?

Hi,

I am querying a database with personell data. I want to draw out check-in data and find out whether, on any Saturday, more than, say, a dozen people checked in.

There is a field in the table I am querying holding a date - The format, according to the helpdesk and the documentation I have, is YYYYMMDD.

That should be easy enough to work with, no? Well, it seemingly does not correspond to the date format QlikView is expecting - when i select the value 20130601 from that field - the 1st of June, a Saturday when I know we had a workday, QlikView tells me it was a Sunday. Strange as that is, it gets even better - when I select 20130531, QlikView also tells me it was a Sunday.

Can you think of a reason for this - and, more importantly, how I might be able to fix it?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

2 Replies
Not applicable

can u post some sample data/qvw....?

how do u find the day (Sat/Sun etc...) ?

Regards

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

I have it. The format in the database YYYYMMDD does in fact not correspond to the numeric format QlikView (and most other SW?!) is using.

I have to transform it into the german format DD.MM.YYYY, then it works fine and QlikView tells me that the 1st of June was a Saturday.

Thanks a lot anyway!

Best regards,

DataNibbler