Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Querying an SQL_Server database - strange results?

Hi,

I am querying a database with personell data. I want to draw out check-in data and find out whether, on any Saturday, more than, say, a dozen people checked in.

There is a field in the table I am querying holding a date - The format, according to the helpdesk and the documentation I have, is YYYYMMDD.

That should be easy enough to work with, no? Well, it seemingly does not correspond to the date format QlikView is expecting - when i select the value 20130601 from that field - the 1st of June, a Saturday when I know we had a workday, QlikView tells me it was a Sunday. Strange as that is, it gets even better - when I select 20130531, QlikView also tells me it was a Sunday.

Can you think of a reason for this - and, more importantly, how I might be able to fix it?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

2 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Querying an SQL_Server database - strange results?

can u post some sample data/qvw....?

how do u find the day (Sat/Sun etc...) ?

Regards

datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Querying an SQL_Server database - strange results?

Hi,

I have it. The format in the database YYYYMMDD does in fact not correspond to the numeric format QlikView (and most other SW?!) is using.

I have to transform it into the german format DD.MM.YYYY, then it works fine and QlikView tells me that the 1st of June was a Saturday.

Thanks a lot anyway!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Community Browser