Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Question

HI everybody

I got a question? How is it possible that in a pie chart (with two-dimensional cascade) with a box of filters upstream not displaying the same thing for the different types of filters?

If is usefull this is an example:

i got 1 pie-chart with 2 cascade dimensional that change using an upstream filter. But if i select one of the possible choice of the filter i see not the same things for each choice.

I Hope you'll understand and help me

5 Replies
MVP
MVP

Re: Question

Could you upload a small sample application that demonstrates your issue?

Not applicable

Daniele

if I understand well ypou want to display something different according a selection

here is an example for Cyclic group.

=if (GetFieldsSelections(Field) = 'X',

sum(A)

sum(B)

)

you can arrange it with your values

best regards

Chris

Not applicable

Sorry i can't put a screenshot for example 'cause there agency secret above. But if is helpfull i want to count and visualize in a pie-chart this count.

I create a cascade attribute like the animal classification ( mammal-canid) and if i choose from the filter an option i see mammal, with another filter option i want to see mammal but the dahboard couldn't do this and in the pie-chart i can see only canid.

Is a bug or something wrong in the file excel that i use?

Not applicable

Sorry i can't put a screenshot for example 'cause there agency secret above. But if is helpfull i want to count and visualize in a pie-chart this count.

I create a cascade attribute like the animal classification ( mammal-canid) and if i choose from the filter an option i see mammal, with another filter option i want to see mammal but the dahboard couldn't do this and in the pie-chart i can see only canid.

Is a bug or something wrong in the file excel that i use?

Not applicable

is a randomic error, cause selecting 5 of 20 possible attribute of the filter , the pie-chart show me the information i want, for the others the pie-chart show me only the second classification