Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

QvWorkPath refresh issue QV v11

Greetings;

I have a problem where $(QvWorkPath) is not refreshing at the beginning of a reload.  It still points to the old file location.  When researching this request, I found a that says an issue like this was fixed in Version 9 and after.  However, I am running version 11.00.11282.0 SR1 and still experiencing an issue.  I have a script that prints the variable QvWorkPath as the first step of a reload.  When I move the document from one location to another, the variable doesn't seem to be updated during a normal reload which causes the script to fail because it can not find includes or qvd files to load data from.  Even if I close it and reopen it, it appears not to update.  As a work around I have been having to open the document, open the script editor, do a debug, step a few steps in, the trace prints the old location at this point, then I close the debug window, open it again, start stepping again and now trace shows the correct file location. 

Is this still a bug or do I have another issue I may be missing?

/*Sample Script*/

trace 'Where am I running from ?  $(QvWorkPath)';

Thanks for any insight;

Billy

4 Replies
Not applicable

Re: QvWorkPath refresh issue QV v11

Well;

I contacted my support provider.  They have verified it's a bug and are submitting a request to Qliktech.  Here is a work around I'm using until this problem is resolved.

/*Work around until Bug Fix*/

let QvWorkPath=replace(DocumentPath( ),DocumentName( ),'');

Maybe this will help someone else.

Billy

johanfo2
Contributor

This error also exists in  QV10 as far as I know!

giuval45
New Contributor III

Hi Billy,

many thank for your "workaround"... very useful...;-)

Best regards,

Giulio

Not applicable

Thanks. I've had the same problem with as a symptom that the qlikview components threw an error when using qvc.InspectTable