Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sona_sa
Creator II
Creator II

REGARDING QEMC RELOAD

Hi,

When I am scheduling the QVW file through QEMC, It is getting failed and When I am reloading the same QVW file manually, It is reloading well, Please let me know what is the reason behind it. Please find the attached txt for more details:

ERROR :

6/22/2014 12:09:40 PM: 0015  ODBC CONNECT*XUserId*XPassword*

6/22/2014 12:09:42 PM:       Error: SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 12541, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12541: TNS:no listener

6/22/2014 12:09:42 PM:       General Script Error

6/22/2014 12:09:42 PM:       Execution Failed

6/22/2014 12:09:42 PM:      Execution finished.

For more details please find the generated log file.

Regards,

Amit Kumar

7 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

The user name is different depend on you reload manually or using QEMC.

Did you mean QlikView.exe or reload button in QEMC by 'manually' ?

Chris_Rice
Support
Support

Whiteline is correct.  When running a reload via Developer, you pass the username/password of the user that you are logged in as.  When running a reload via QMC, you pass the username/password of the user running the Distribution Service.  So, make sure the Distribution Service user has proper rights in the database.

sona_sa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

No. I am creating a ODBC Connection String and fetching the data from database .for one table. After that I am scheduling via QlikView Server and then runing the same, but it's getting failed. But the same QVW file when I am reload by manually CTRL+R (Reload), Working fine.

Thanks for reply. Please check it and get back to me.

sona_sa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Chris,

I logged in Sytem by my System user name and Password but for connection string I am using my ORACLE SERVER Username and password. At the time of distribution I am not using any user id and password. So please let me know where I am wrong.

Thanks for reply. Please look into this. For more details please find the attached JPEG.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Look at the below post.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/45753

Set the listener even, as shown in the attached URL.

Regards

ASHFAQ

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

Is there anything more in your script than just ODBC connection and select ? (execution of some apps, accessing other file/network resources etc)

Chris_Rice
Support
Support

Also, when you're running the "CTRL + R" reload you're being seen as a user by the database, but when running the reload through QMC you're being seen as a service even though it's the same user.  That may be the difference causing the issue.