cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Range above function in load function.

Hi,

I am quite new to Qlik Sense, but I have some interesting problem, that I can't solve and I need your help.

I have a field that every 0.n second save 1 or 0 in database. So my data looks like a very long stream of 1 and 0.

Inside qlik sense I can detect when status has changed from 0 to 1, like this:

Load

[id],

[time_stamp],

(If(status = '1' and Previous(status) = '0', 1, 0)) as Change;

My problem is, that there could be mild "errors", when status would change very quickly from 1 to 0 and back, like this:

[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]. I would like to detect this as only one change. (from 0 to 1)

So, my instinct was to check if previous n values are all zero and current value is 1. I saw that there is ABOVE function, but only for chart analysis, not for script function (load function). How to handle this? I would need something like:

Load

[id],

[time_stamp],

(If(status = '1' and {sum of previous 20 status values} = '0', 1, 0)) as Change;

Even more, the second solution that I am looking for, and I would ask your help for, is to not rely on number of values, but rather on time stamp. So that function would be:

Load

[id],

[time_stamp],

(If(status = '1' and {sum of all status values from time_stamp to time_stamp-2s} = '0', 1, 0)) as Change;

Please help.

10 Replies
marcus_sommer

SumChange is just created in this load and therefore it couldn't directly accessed but a peek('SumChange') would work whereby in this case you would need to use the expression which creates SumChange and LastChange - this meant:

If(

If(id <> Previous(id) and id=1, peek('SumChange') + 1, 0) =1 and

If(id <> Previous(id), rowno(), peek('LastChange')) - Previous(LastChange)>20,

1,0)) as numberOfLifts

- Marcus