Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reading XML script

Hi All

Please help in understanding the XML script generated by qlikview. Below script are generated in the Chart export to xml script.

<Pos>

<DimName>Id</DimName>

<ElemNo>

<int>2392</int>

</ElemNo>

<ElemValues>

<Blob>

AgAAAABAzuBA

</Blob>

</ElemValues>

</Pos>

Thanks in Advance

Veena

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Generally we can export the data from objects into txt , excel , xml , html files. So you can you these files into some other programs or you can reload into qlikview as well.

If you need more about xml script , Please look xml tutorials.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dathu

Sorry ..if I was not clear with my question. I would like to know what is the <BLOB> tag in that script referring to in a Pivot Chart and  what type of code is 'AgAAAABAzuBA'

Thanks

Veena

Not applicable
Author

Which version you are using ? can you please post the your sample QVW.

I didn't see any Data Type on my chart export to xml.

You can load the output XML into another qvw and see the results.

Not applicable
Author

I am using SR11. I tried importing and didn't find any difference in UI. Also I tried to replicate the same in a sample qvw by pivoting, conditional display, minimize and maximize option. But all were unsuccessful.I will try to see whether I can post a sample qvw.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

BLOB is usually an abbreviation of Binary Large OBject. In this context it is maybe a compressed or binary representation that QlikView does not see necessary to make into a readable value in the XML. QlikView will be able to read it back into some sensible information.

Not applicable
Author

Does it mean that value in the XML is a pointer and BLOB data is stored in Server?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Veena,

How you got this XML?   Right click on Chart and Export -> XML? When we export to XML usually you will get data in the below format

<PivotTable>

- <_x0031_00>

<Date>6/1/2015</Date>

<EndHour>8</EndHour>

<EndMinute>30</EndMinute>

<_x0031_00>100</_x0031_00>

</_x0031_00>

- <_x0031_00>

<Date>6/1/2015</Date>

<EndHour>11</EndHour>

<EndMinute>15</EndMinute>

<_x0031_00>100</_x0031_00>

</_x0031_00>--

</PivotTable>

Do you have any images in your Pivot Table?  Can you upload the file which you are using so that it would be easier to find the issue.

Regards,

jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan

File-->Export -->Export Document Layout. It will create xml script for all objects.

Thanks

Veena

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

What you are trying to do with this XML?  When you export you will get multiple XML files, which has definitions for Document, Sheets and chart objects.

Regards,

Jagan.