Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

datanibbler
Not applicable

Reconstructing a code

Hi,

I am trying to reconstruct the working of a code that has been written by a colleague of mine and a consultant over a year ago.

(yes, this is the same issue as in my prior thread "Please tell me what this code does" where I already got some valuable help.

Now it's time to get hands_on, I just ran the code and here is the first riddle:

- The autogenerate-code (in the old version) obviously generates minute_intervals from 5:20am to 10:30pm, which is the total duration
   of one working day

<=> Acc. to the log, there are 1711 records. Acc. to my calculator, there are 1710 minutes between those times - ok, the (+1) is
       mathematically necessary), but when i do a simple COUNT() of these minute_intervals, there are only 1031??

Can you tell me why this is?

Now I have introduced a RESIDENT LOAD and a Line_ID, and there are 1711 line_IDs just as it should be - and it's in 24h-format, so there are no duplicate timestamps.

I'll try to find out with a tablebox.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Tags (1)
1 Reply
datanibbler
Not applicable

Re: Reconstructing a code

Ah, ok, that was my error - the code only counts from 1 to 60 - so it does generate "real" minutes.

That is the difference.