Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackm75
Creator
Creator

Reload from a VB Script Error

I'm trying to schedule a task to reload my qvw. When running the script, I get this Windows Script Host error:

Script: <Script location>
Line: 10 (varies)
Char: 1
Error: The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.
Code: 80010108
Source: (null)

Here is the script:

Option Explicit

Dim qv
Dim qvDoc

Set qv = CreateObject("QlikTech.QlikView")

Set qvDoc = qv.OpenDoc("Q:\AgencyList.qvw")

qvDoc.ReloadEx 2,1

qvDoc.save
qvDoc.CloseDoc

qv.Quit

Set qvDoc = Nothing
Set qv = Nothing

What am I doing wrong? Why do I always get this issue? Sometimes, it will do the reload, then get the error leaving QlikView open without saving the app. -- The Line # changes according to where it decides to error out.

Once it actually went all the way through the script with no issue.

Also, is there a way for the script to run without visably opening QlikView?

Help!!

Jack

9 Replies
jackm75
Creator
Creator
Author

I ended up making a VBA module in an Excel sheet, then using a VBS to call that macro which works.

I would still like to know if anyone knows how to supress QlikView from being visible.

The usual "Q.Visible = False" doesn't work....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jack,

You can run the reload with a qv.exe command line switch:

qv.exe /r document.qvw

jackm75
Creator
Creator
Author

Forgive my ignorance, by could you exlpain a little more about how to use the command line switch?

Not applicable

I have the same problem. My script works fine on WinXP 32bits but It doesn't work on Win2003 x64. I updated QV to SR3 from SR2, before that it works fine on x64. The command line solution isn't an option for me, because I need to copy some tables and graphs using automation.

You can find a simple test that I created at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1398645/QVAutomationTest.zip. This test works fine on my WinXP 32bits with QV SR3 and didn't work on my Windows Server 2003 64 bits with QV SR3. I also tried some automation with IE to check if I have a problem with OLE, but it works fine on both systems. So, I suspect that it's a QV problem.

Not applicable

Finally, I downgraded my QV from SR3 to SR2 and it works fine again.

Not applicable

I have similar problem - my vbscript works OK on my local machine running Windows 7 and QlikView 9 SR2, but it doesn't work on Windows 2003 SP2 with QlikView 9 SR3.

Is there any solution yet?

Not applicable

miha.batic wrote:
I have similar problem - my vbscript works OK on my local machine running Windows 7 and QlikView 9 SR2, but it doesn't work on Windows 2003 SP2 with QlikView 9 SR3.
Is there any solution yet?<div></div>

Me too! QV 9 SR 2 (7320) works fine (Windows Server 2003 R2 x64)

But SR 3 (7440) does not - gives me same error mentioned above: "The object invoked has disconnected from its clients"

Not applicable

I upgraded from SR2 to SR4 and it works again. x64 / Win2003.

Not applicable

[quote user="Damián D'Onia"]

I upgraded from SR2 to SR4 and it works again. x64 / Win2003.

Me too.