Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload problem with inputfields

Hi,

I have a qvw with some inputfields, the problem is that somethimes the reload of this file fails at the end of the script, when this hapens I have to comment the input fields in my script, reload and save the document, then I uncomment the inputfields and reaload again without any problem. After this process I can reload the file without problem but some time later (hours, days) the problem appears randomly.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or how I can solve this problem?

Thank you!

6 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Hi, Gabriela. This v10 bug also had me stumped. See Alecsandru's post here, fixed the problem for me: http://community.qlik.com/message/87900

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for the response, I already have a unique key for my inputfields. But still the reload fails sometimes without a reason.

Regards!

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

No, not just a unique key, specifically the rowno function! This is a totally weird hack, but for some reason it works!

Not applicable
Author

Vlad, I'm using the rowno() function. I think this is a different problem.

//my script here:

Facts:

LOAD RowNo() as ID,

CLIENTE,

ARTICULO,

FECHA,

[Venta Kilos],

[Venta Monto],

[Costo Venta],

[Gastos Indirectos],

[Gastos Directos]

FROM

[..\Transform\Facts\FactsWIVentas.qvd]

(qvd);

INPUTFIELD [Venta Kilos WI], [Venta Monto WI], [Gastos Indirectos WI], [Gastos Directos WI], [Costo Venta WI];

Inputfields:

LOAD RowNo() as ID,

[Venta Kilos] as [Venta Kilos WI],

[Venta Monto] as [Venta Monto WI],

[Costo Venta] as [Costo Venta WI],

[Gastos Indirectos] as [Gastos Indirectos WI],

[Gastos Directos] as [Gastos Directos WI]

FROM

[..\Transform\Facts\FactsWIVentas.qvd]

(qvd);

Regards!

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Oh, I don't think you can use QVDs or RESIDENT for input fields anymore either. They are really limiting the functionality! You need to read from a CSV or XLS. So in my scripts, after I generate a calendar, I output to CSV, drop the table, then read it back in to QV with the rowno function. So:

calendar:

STORE calendar into calendar.csv (txt);

DROP TABLE calendar;

inputfield dateset;

calendar:

LOAD

date as dateset,

rowno() as tempfield

FROM calendar.csv (txt);

DROP FIELD tempfield;

dasilva
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Gabriela! Did this work in earlier versions of QV10 or QV9? I'm experiencing the same problems; the reload works fine for a period, and then suddenly it crashes and I have to make the same steps as you mention... Have you reported this to QT?