Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload taking more time upon changing variable name

Hi all,

I observed that in one of my qlikview scripts, upon changing a particular variable name, reload is taking very long (with unusually high CPU consumption). Reload happens smooth and fast when I revert the variable to the old name. I know this would not happen in general, but I have cross checked this multiple times across different machines and the same behaviour repeats.

Also, nowhere in the forums is this reported, hence I am posting here. Has anyone encountered this issue?

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

I have not noticed that behavior. Can you please elaborate on the version of QlikView you are using, if it happens in Server or Desktop, and how is the value assigned to the variable? Does that happen when you change the name (only the name, not the LET or SET statement) to anything else or just a specific word?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the response.

My Qlikview version is 10.00.9061.7 SR3 64-bit Edition and I am working on a licensed Qlikview desktop edition.

It happens when I change the variable name. Fro example, when my variable name is non_replacement_order_flag, the reload is slow. But when I change it to valid_order_flag, it happens fast. The variable value will be 1 or null().

To give you more context, I have another variable at a later point in the script that is named item_non_replacement_order_flag. I wonder if this can be any cause for a conflict.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

I have created a very dummy application using the same variable names that you mentioned and assigning with LET in the script values 1 or null() and autogenerating a table with 1M worth of sample data, but the reload time does not vary after changing the name of the variable. I'm using very similar variable names in the script in some other files and they are loading as expected. I cannot figure out why is that hapenning. Maybe you can share some piece of script?

Regards.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your time and interest.

I have encountered this behaviour not just once but a couple of times earlier also. However, I did not delve deep to try and understand the exact reason for misbehaviour. Maybe, I will try out a few more cases and get back with more insightful examples.

Thanks

Venkatesh