Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reloading

Hi ,

I am facing serious issue in reloading through Enterprsie management console. Sometime it is realoding without error. And suddenly

it is throwing error. I am not sure what causes this problem. Please provide your inputs to fix this.

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

you should give more details: application version, win version, etc... look through the log file (you can acces it in console)

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

I am using QlikView version 9.00 SRS 5 and is installed in windows 2003. I have checked the document error log. error is table not found.

The thing surprising me is i have not done an changes. just reload it again it is working without any issues.....Again if i am running sometimes it is working fine and sometimes not.....

Any suggestions

Not applicable
Author

May be you run out of memory sometime so the reload fails?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

Often if the problem is a transient one it is a network problem. Issues in code tend to cause a script to fail all the time or not at all. Read / write permissions on data sources or written files (such as QVDs) can also cause problems.

You don't say what your data source is - this may help to pin-point the issue.

The other thing to do is turn on more verbose logging. Do this by opening the document in QlikView desktop and selecting Settings / Document Properties / General. On the right hand side you should see 'Generate logfile'. Select this and save the file back to the server. The next time the document is refreshed a more detailed logfile will be written. This should help identify the problem.

Post the relevant parts of the log file here if you are still having an issue.

Regards,
Steve

Not applicable
Author

thanks obolensky ,

But in the log file i have checked the memory details as well. It is not an issue. I am really not able to figure the issue why it is happening.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Steve.

I am using Oracle as the data source and it is in remote location .

Generate log file is already enabled .Whenever the reload fails the error shown is "Table not found" ( QVD table).. Every time it is the same error.

Is there any way to figure it as the network issue or permission issue. I don't think it will be an permission issue. As you said it may be an transient network issue. please suggest me.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

I am unsure of the data source - you state both Oracle and QVD? Is it that you have one process creating the QVD from Oracle and then another reading from the QVD? If so you could have an issue if these overlap and the second process tries to open the file when it is still being written.

If things are reliant on the timings of loads being consistent then that could cause intermittent problems. If you do have dependant tasks ensure that they are set to run on completion of each other.

Also, if you are generating QVDs from a remote source it would make more sense to write the QVDs to a secure location on the QlikView server than to write them back to the network location.

Apologies if I have gone off on the wrong tack here...

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

The issue is with connectivity. Since if it is getting failed . I am creating the connect statement in the QVW file and the reload is working fine. But i am looking for the permanent solution. What is causing the connectivity to data source termination. is there any settings at QVW file or it is the problem with oracle....