Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oliveton
Creator
Creator

Remove Numbers in Script Based on Conditions

Hello,

I want to remove all part numbers that are a letter "T" or "P" under "PopCnd" that have no description under "PartStatusTwo." I want to do this in the script so they just don't show up at all.

If possible I would also want to do this for all part numbers that have no description under "PartStatusTwo" and are a "0" or "1" under "LC."

I've tried flagging these numbers as "REMOVE" in my expression to let myself know to take these out after exporting to excel, but I'm afraid I'm creating the world's largest IF statement and I know there's got to be a better way.

Thank you !!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

try this as a WHERE clause..

FROM...

Where NOT ( (PopCnd='T' and len(trim(PartStatusTwo))=0) or (PopCnd<>'P'  and len(trim(PartStatusTwo))=0) )

View solution in original post

14 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

try this as a WHERE clause..

FROM...

Where NOT ( (PopCnd='T' and len(trim(PartStatusTwo))=0) or (PopCnd<>'P'  and len(trim(PartStatusTwo))=0) )

oliveton
Creator
Creator
Author

It keeps saying that "PartStatusTwo" can't be found......could it be because PopCnd and PartStatusTwo come from 2 separate files in the load? Or does that not make a difference?

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

it makes a difference if you make some test in a WHERE if the column is not loaded yet.

you can finish to load all the fields you need and make an extra load (using resident) on which you put the WHERE described above

rubenmarin

Hi Natalie, if they come from different files you have to join in the same table or use a mapping or exists(), ie:

// Load %Cram with description in PartStatusTwo

chkPartStatusTwo:

LOAD %Cram as chkPartStatusTwo

Resident PartStatusTwoTableName // PartStatusTwo should be loaded before this table

Where Len(Trim(PartStatusTwo))>0;

TableWhitPopCnd:

LOAD Field

From ...

Where not Match(PopCnd, 'T', 'P') // Load all rows with other types

or Exists('chkPartStatusTwo', %Cram); // and the T,P with PartStatusTwo Lenght>0

DROP table chkPartStatusTwo;

oliveton
Creator
Creator
Author

OK thanks so much guys, I'm super new to this and kind of teaching myself so not going to make you wait while I mess with this! But it sounds like this should work. Going to mark Youssef as right, since that was the initial question. Thanks again!

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

‌you’re welcome good luck

oliveton
Creator
Creator
Author

I am doing something wrong because it keeps saying my fields can't be found when trying to load. Will one of you please help me out possibly I'm not even sure if I put everything in the right place but there's no error in the script anyway.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

because you're making the test on the Alias field name, you should make it on the original field name which is loaded during that load:

use [PART STATUS II] on the WHERE

oliveton
Creator
Creator
Author

It still says the field can't be found for some reason, thanks though. I tried this yesterday too.