Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.
Please help me out in removing sync tables from my application.
Attached is the qvw file for your reference
I have used Adventure-works sample database
Solved! Go to Solution.
There are many solutions
1) You can rename all modification date to different name so no auto association will happen.
2) If you want to create a common calendar for all modification date, you can use
i) Different Master Calendar for each date Creating A Master Calendar
ii) Canonical Calendar Canonical Date
3) You can create a Link Table all common fields to remove synthetic keyshow to create link table in Qlikview?
4) You can use Autonumber, AutoNumberHash128 or AutoNumberHash256 or Hash128, Hash160, Hash256 to create Key which you was doing.
Hope this would help. !!
Modified Date is different for each table.. The logic behind creating a composite Key as Key looks wrong.
Hash128(DepartmentID,ModifiedDate) as Key is different to
Hash128(ModifiedDate,BusinessEntityID,DepartmentID) as Key
You can't join like this...
Thank you for your instant response.
So can you tell me how will i resolve this issue and what are the points that need to be considered when creating a composite key.
1) In your case, what I think is Modified Date is only for Incremental Load. While working on data model, we need to ask ourselves whether we really need all fields or not.
2) If you don't need Modified Date in your final output, you can instantly removed from all your table.
3) As all tables modified Date is different, you can rename them as Depratment_ModifiedDate etc so that there would be not question of having same field name and the auto association between table will not happen.
4) while joining tables (irrespective of number of columns you are joining), the fields must be same. In your case you have created Key with different combination which is wrong.
Thank you for the detailed explanation.
I have reworked on the application but still Three tables are forming cyclic reference.
Attached is the application for your reference.
Please help me out in getting rid of this cyclic reference
Thanks in advance
First of all thank you for raising this question.
In this scenario why can't we choose creating Master Calendar ,for the Modification date through Linked table.
Please let me know.
Because what I can see from the data model and data that modification date is actually a field which is used for incremental load as any data on any line will change. I don't think so we need any modification date in UI side.
I have 3 tables name Employees, Suppliers, Customers having 2-3 columns in common.Due to which it is creating synthetic table.
My concern is that City column is present in all the three tables & it contain almost 95 distinct records & 20-25 records are in common between this three tables.
Please advice me how should I remove this synthetic table.
I have attached the QVW file for your reference.
Yes you are right, if we not need any column in UI we can ignore it and the same thing is done by us.
But, If in case I need that, how will I resolve it. Please Advice.