Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Removing Security - Removing Section Access

I wish to create a demo version of a QV application that I have written for a client, I am initially referencing all data from the Clients QVW using the Binary load function and then dropping the client sensitive data tables and then importing new data from XL sheets with sensible scrambled data.

The issue is that the client file has Section access applied and as a result my so does my new demo application, how can I remove the pop up request for a username and password in my demo version?

Kindest Regards
Paul Bartram
Pythagoras Communications Ltd.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Paul,

Got this from the HELP file:

The binary statement is used for loading the access and data parts of a QlikView document. It does not load the layout information. Only one binary statement is allowed in the script and it can only be put as the first statement of a script.

I think that the only way to get a QVW without section access is to load the qvw without de section access script. You can comment this part of the script and save the DEMO file as a new qvw file. You'll need to prefrom a reload of course.

Greetz
Robbie

Not applicable
Author

Dear Paul

did you already solved this problem? We have the same situation.

Milda

Not applicable
Author

Hi Paul,

I've just found a solution. Binary load should always be the first statement in the load script, so we need to write this in hidden script:

BINARY "example.qwv";

Section Access;

In this case, Section access is removed. New qwv file will not inherit Section access from "example.qwv" file.

Milda

Not applicable
Author

I had the same issue and tried using your solution. However, the script fails everytime with the "General Script error". Not sure why. But the moment I just kept Binary load and removed the "Section Access;" line from the script, the dashboard was reloaded fine. Any clue?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

correct answer

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

document properties-> intial data reduction based on binary

uncheck this

or

docuement properties-> intial data reduction based on sction access

uncheck this