Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

qliktech_uk
Not applicable

Reporting on a calendar dimension.

Hi

I have a scenario where I have 2 tables, one for device sent  and one for device connected, the connected table has got 2 fields to determine when it was connected, a first connect time and a last connect time.

If I derive the date from the time and join this to 2 calendar tables (alias the calendar table one for last connect and other for last connect) I should be able to get the data for total sent and connected by selecting the appropriate calendar dimensions?

Is this the best way of design ?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prieper
Not applicable

Re: Reporting on a calendar dimension.

This depends a bit on your datamodel and the requirements towards the application.

Think that your approach is the appropriate one and should work.

3 Replies
prieper
Not applicable

This depends a bit on your datamodel and the requirements towards the application.

Think that your approach is the appropriate one and should work.

qliktech_uk
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply Peter, are there any other options as well, just curious to know the available options.

prieper
Not applicable

You may create a kind of a common calendar, e.g. you may select May 2017 and you would see then all date-entries (be it first connected or last connected) falling into May.