Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Rolling sum Syntax help

Hello All,

I'm looking for some sytanx help.  I have a value in January that is loaded with the base number for the year. In the following months the change in that number is expressed. So in January I have 500 and in February I could have 2, with a total of 502. Than in march my value could be -3 leaving a total of 499. I want a dynamic way to show that 502 throughout the year. I know I need to create a variable for start as like 1.1. and using the year date. but I'm having trouble with the end date and how to construct the set analysis.

Thanks,

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

You want to show 502 throughout the year? Why 502? I am not sure I understand what you are looking to do... can you may be share a sample app or sample data?

Not applicable
Author

No sorry, I want it live. So In febuary I Want to show 502 and in march I want to show 499.

Not applicable
Author

The way the data is set up is theirs a base number in January (its for # of employees in a given section) and then any changes are shown from feb-dec.

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share some sample data or sample qvw?

Not applicable
Author

I want a dynamic text object or way to express that total of 512 (I have a year selected here as well). So say it was March I want to show 467=(463+4) - The data updates once a month so it probably wouldn't have data for march yet.

Not applicable
Author

The whole table was too long and didn't show - that 512 is a total of all the months for the selected year.

sunny_talwar

May be like this:

RangeSum(Before(YourExpression, 0, ColumnNo()))

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, that would be for a table. I'm trying to have this as a separate text object or throw into a gauge chart.

sunny_talwar

Assuming your expression is Sum(Measure), try this

Sum({<DateField = {"$(='>=' & Date(YearStart(Max(DateField)), 'DateFieldFormatHere') & '<=' & Date(Max(DateField), 'DateFieldFormatHere'))"}>} Measure)

Above, DateField is a placeholder for the date field in your dashboard and use the date fields's format to replace DateFieldFormatHere

Lots of assumptions above, but I hope you can find your way around the above