Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Rolling window comparision

Hi All,

I wanted to create a table which will compare the metrics value with current year/quarter, previous year/quarter and previous to previous quarter based on user selection.

Please refer below screenshot which is created in Power-Pivot -

Emea.jpg

User selection => Calendar Year = 2014 and Month-Name = 'March'.

First table shows data Quarter-wise where-in [March is the end interval]

I should see data from January to March for current year(2014), same period last year and last to last year.

Second table shows data Year-wise where-in [March is the end interval]

I should see data from April to March for current year(2013-14), same period last year and last to last year.

I am able to write Set Analysis Expression for calculating data Year-wise using the following Set Analysis -

Sum({<[Calendar Year] = {$(=ONLY([Calendar Year]) - 1)}>}[Metrics1])    -- Previous Year

Sum({<[Calendar Year] = {$(=ONLY([Calendar Year]) - 1)}>}[Metrics1])    -- Previous to Previous Year

But I am not sure how to use Month Name in order to go back for last 3 months. I tried below expression

Sum({<[MonthName]={'>=$(=MAX([MonthName])-2)<=$(=MAX([MonthName]))'}>}[Metrics1]).

Also, how to handle the Jan and Feb month where-in we need to go back an year. Like, when I select Feb 2012, then I should see data from Dec 2011 to Feb 2012.

Thank you for your help.

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't use a month name for this. April comes after March, but not sorted alphabetically. And it doesn't get you across year borders. You need to use a serial month number for this or a date field.

LOAD

MyDate,

Year(MyDate)*12+Month(MyDate) as MonthSerial,

....other fields....

FROM

Then you can do things like

sum({<Year=,Month=,MonthSerial={'>=$(Max(MonthSerial)-2)<=$(Max(MonthSerial))'}>}Metric1)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Even after using MonthSerial column in Set Analysis expression, I can't see the aggregated value of last 3 months when I select month name from MonthName column.

sum({<Year=,Month=,MonthSerial={'>=$(Max(MonthSerial)-2)<=$(Max(MonthSerial))'}>}[Metric1])

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Post a small qlikview document that demonstrates the problem.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

It worked.

Can you please tell me how to generate those Table Headers [April 2013 - March 2014] dynamically?

And which chart component would you recommend to create above table? Currently I am using KPI's only