Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
singhcv123
Contributor
Contributor

Rowno(Total) issue in qlikview straight table

HI,

I am using ROwNo(Total) for row sequence.

In my recent development , i am facing an issue due to RowNo(Total) ,that my table should not show any record if there is no values in dimension but my table is showing 1 row by default......

i dont want to show default 1 row.......i want to show blank or 0 rows.....

Please suggest

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't quite understand the problem you describe. Can you post a small qlikview document that demonstrates the problem? Or perhaps you can simply use the Calculation Condition to enter an expression that determines if the straight table should be rendered or not.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sunny_talwar

I am not sure if this is related, but when using Inter-record functions, Suppression of zero values is disabled (and RowNo() is one of the inter-record functions) as per QV Help

Capture.PNG

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.0/Subsystems/Client/Content/ChartFunctions/InterRecordFuncti...

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

May be like this ,Rowno(Total) Based on Dimension.PNG

=If(YourDimension<>Null(),Rowno(Total))

Inter-Record Functions

HTH,

Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try something like this as expression:

=Avg(1) * RowNo(TOTAL)

sunny_talwar

But this won't be a continuous counting, right? It will be like 1,2,3,4,6 (assuming 5 is excluded based on selection)?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Are you referring to my suggestion, Sunny?

Continuous counting of what?

As I understood the OP wants to get zero when there are no dimensional lines with values, I assume he still sees NULL and can't suppress it.

sunny_talwar

I guess I am just trying to understand how Avg(1) is going to help here

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Like this (created a dimension that will return just NULL for testing ('F' item does not exist in my record set) 😞

=if(Item = 'F',Item) RowNo(TOTAL)

=if(Item = 'F',Item) Sum(1) * RowNo(TOTAL)

=if(Item = 'F',Item) Avg(1)* RowNo(TOTAL)