Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Running script with ODBC remote

Hi all!

I have ran into a problem which I can't come up with a solution to.

I have created a .bat file on the QlikView server that reloads an application. I have also created a shortcut so that I can execute the .bat file remote from my local computer. Now the problem is that the script includes an ODBC connection, so when I run the script remote (via the shortcut), I get the error message "Data source name not found and no default driver specified".

The shortcut works perfectly fine when I remove the ODBC (and SQL Select) part from the script, and the .bat file works when I am logged on via remote desktop.

Is there any way to get the application to reload via a shortcut on a remote computer? Is there any other way the setting up the ODBC connection locally on each computer that should have the possibility to run the shortcut?

BR

Robert

3 Replies
johnan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Why don't run Scheduler in the same Machine you have QVS?

Call the BAT file with Windows Scheduler. I don't think you can run the command from your local computer.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thanks for your reply. After reading about remote ODBC connections, it seems more and more as it is not possible. The problem is that I wanted anyone with access to the shortcut to be able to reload the application at any time wanted.

Still, I have not found a solution how to solve this, so any further help would be appreciated.

BR

Robert

Not applicable
Author

Hello Robert,

In this case you'll have to add (manually) the ODBC connection (in Windows Control Panel) to the data source on every single computer/laptop from a user who will be able to run the batchfile.

Kind regards,

Patrick Strooij