Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Highlighted
Not applicable

SAP Connector or OlAP Connector?

Hi guys,

After reading few things abt SAP Connector and OLAP Connector. I wanted to verify some details which I understand.

For the QV SAP Connector 5.3, which I want to Install. When I did Correctly understood, is that so, that I have to Install the 3 SAP transports on the SAP side 46.zip, 610-620.zip, 640-700.zip

and run the version 5.3 QlikviewSAP_X64setup.exe on the Qlikview Server.

My First question is that there is already installed Qlikview version 5.0 some 1 or 2 year before and there are Applications, which are running based on that version.If I want to install this new version(5.3), can I access the SAP Tables which I used to access before. The transports in the sap side which are used now are different. Should I have to change those, so that I can now access Queries through OLAP Connector.

Second Question : If I install this version 5.3 QlikviewSAP_X64setup.exe, are all the Connectors like, SQL Connecor, Query connecor, OLAP Connector, DSO/ODS Connector available? which one is Performance wise better as I read here before that with OLAP Connecor there are performance Problems..

Did anyone install 5.3 Version?

1 Reply
Not applicable

Re: SAP Connector or OlAP Connector?

Hi Sravan,

you are correct , OLAP Connector is performace wise slow .

but if your datasource is BW , there is no other option other then OLAP connector to use as a BAPI conenctor .

and ther is some workaround wher we can improve the performace based on the best practices.

Thanks,

Balaji