Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SAP Connector or OlAP Connector?

Hi guys,

After reading few things abt SAP Connector and OLAP Connector. I wanted to verify some details which I understand.

For the QV SAP Connector 5.3, which I want to Install. When I did Correctly understood, is that so, that I have to Install the 3 SAP transports on the SAP side 46.zip, 610-620.zip, 640-700.zip

and run the version 5.3 QlikviewSAP_X64setup.exe on the Qlikview Server.

My First question is that there is already installed Qlikview version 5.0 some 1 or 2 year before and there are Applications, which are running based on that version.If I want to install this new version(5.3), can I access the SAP Tables which I used to access before. The transports in the sap side which are used now are different. Should I have to change those, so that I can now access Queries through OLAP Connector.

Second Question : If I install this version 5.3 QlikviewSAP_X64setup.exe, are all the Connectors like, SQL Connecor, Query connecor, OLAP Connector, DSO/ODS Connector available? which one is Performance wise better as I read here before that with OLAP Connecor there are performance Problems..

Did anyone install 5.3 Version?

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sravan,

you are correct , OLAP Connector is performace wise slow .

but if your datasource is BW , there is no other option other then OLAP connector to use as a BAPI conenctor .

and ther is some workaround wher we can improve the performace based on the best practices.

Thanks,

Balaji