Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SAP Connector slow extraction

Hello everybody,

I'm facing an issue with the SAP Connector.

First of all, I installed the SAP Connector 5.5 but I couldn't get any row from the tables.

Then I installed SAP Connector 5.4 and then we could get the data but really really slowly.

We tried many combinations, Connector 5.4 with transports 5.5, Connector 5.4 with transports 5.4 but the extraction is still really slow.

When connecting directly to the database with an OLED connection, the extraction is really fast. Same thing when executing the queries directly in SAP with the same user.

The firewall and the antivirus are deactivated.

There is a SAP Router on the production environment but not on the quality environment and the problem is the same on both environments.

Any idea?

Regards

Kevin

22 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

can you give me more details like which table you are extracting ?.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Kevin,

Extraction through SAP Netweaver connector is definitely going to be slower as it's not done directly through the database but through SAP Netweaver application server.

I've recently learned that there are some parameters in the connection string you can mess around with to improve performance, like packet and buffer size but you might also want to get in contact with someone from QT who might be more experienced in this.

Regards,

suniljain
Master
Master

Agree with daniel. you can improve extraction speed by connection string parameter.

Not applicable
Author

Ok, we downgraded to QV Connector 3.5 and it worked.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

You got a better performance by downgrading to Connecto 5.3? You should probably contact QlikTech support to let them know, maybe that's something they can improve for the next version.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kevin,

Out of curiosity, can you please tell which SAP Basis do you have and which transports are installed?

Thanks in advance

sravan

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

We have informed Qliktech.

We installed the transports of version 5.3

Regards

Kevin

suniljain
Master
Master

Deae Kevin,

There are couple of reason behind slow data extraction from SAP R/3.

if you put any where condition during extraction it directly reflect extraction speed.

another thing is that most of SAP Details table have more than 150 column. In that case you have to extract only required column.

it will definitely increase extraction speed.

Not applicable
Author

Well, we didn't change the script between connector 5.5 and 5.3. But yes, we are loading every column for each table.

The fact that we are on a virtual environment may have affect the speed.

We will wait for the reply of Qliktech and for the version 5.6 of the connector.