cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suniljain
Master
Master

SAP HANA vs Qlikview

SAP Launches In-Memory Analytic Tool HANA.

Pls gives you view for HANA vs Qlikview.

7 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master
Author

Now a day most of SAP customer are comparing SAP HANA with Qlikview.

tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi All,

I've had my hands on a big HANA box, and done some testing on both tools. HANA has really great real time and ETL features that QlikView has nothing to compare against. But on the Analysis side, I've able to produce similar results with QlikView on a 100 mio records star-schema, on a 1 cpu 4 gb server, while HANA was running on a 32 core, 256 GB server.

QlikView has on analysis side huge performence advances.

Please post if you have any specific questions.

Not applicable

Hello

What about difference to get data from SAP (QV SAP Connector versus HANA). What about getting only DELTA of source ?

Difficulties to customise SAP for QV SAP Connector and for HANA ? Is needed SAP_ALL rights ?

Thank you

rbecher
MVP
MVP

I think it should be: QlikView with SAP HANA, not versus..

Not doubt that QlikView is the top solution for analytics and with the new Direct Discovery coming with version 11.2 next week it is a great experience to pull in data from an external source (online) corresponding to the current selection.

Where SAP HANA (as a backend) is maybe the fastest SQL database on the market, it integrates seamless with QlikView's Direct Discovery because the response time is similar to QlikView! So, the user experience is same as it would be a QlikView application without Direct Discovery.

Read more about QlikView with SAP HANA: http://bit.ly/RCwBL7

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable

Can find some nice discussion here

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3185664

Not applicable

Hi Torben & Ralf,

i'm currently exploring how to use QV with HANA.

Currrently, i'm using XtractQV to pull all data from BW queries.

If we put HANA into the picture, do you know how will that impact XtractQV (only if you use XtractQV of course).

Next, i'm not familiar with how HANA works, i know it's in-memory and it is to replace the database underneath SAP?  Would you mind to give some high level summary? and the available connectivity to HANA?

Ralf, i have seen your video, you are using JDBC to connect to SAP table, what about BW queries? Is there any way we can connect to BW queries?

Thanks.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Nick,

you can query BW on HANA via JDBC and SQL on a level of tables or analytical views.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D