Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SAP OLAP Connector problem with multiple characteristics

Hi everyone, I have been struggling with an issue all day long. I'm using OLAP Connector 5.5 to retrive BW data. I have been trying to gather three characteristics(Product, Time, Customer) and one measure(Net Sales) from a BW cube without success, it always retrieves 0 records. There's no mistake in the script, it actually retrieves records when I load whichever two characteristcs, it just does not work with the three characteristics together, any thoughts???

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Please upload your log file.

suniljain
Master
Master

Currently we are using SAP BW as Major data source.

But We are extracting cube in different manner.

We are extractiong fact and dimention table separately and then with help of left join build cube in QV. it takes very less time compared to method you are following.

Qliktech already publish application to extract fact and dimention of single and multicube at a time.

still if you have any query reply me.

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I agree and it is actually faster to extract a cube in that way, but if the customer doesn't allow you to install SAP Transports during a SiB because the SAP BW Server is handled by a global IT department then the SAP OLAP Connector helps because you don't need to install the SAP Transports.

In this case, backing up from version 5.5 SR2 to 5.4 SR1 worked to resolve the problem so this is probably a bug. Iván is my co-worker.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunil, I agree witho you, but, as Karl pointed the customer would not allow us to install the transports. There should be a bug in the 5.5 SR2 version of the connector, since I used the same script code with the previous version (5.4 SR1) and it began to pull data.

Regards.

suniljain
Master
Master

Dear Ivan, Main Problem in method which you are following to extract cube is that tough to implement delta load process. QVC is unable to extract delta load in that manner. Regards; Sunil
Not applicable
Author

Thanks again Sunil, I undesrstand your point and I am aware of the consequences, however, the OLAP connector is our only way during the proof of concept. It is our intention to explain all the disadvantanges of using OLAP vs SQL connectors. The delta load, as you said, can give us a hard time in case the refuse to install the trasports in their production enviroment, I'm guessing in that case our best shot would be reloading based on a time dimension, but that means a huge amount of registers being realoading on a daily basis. I do agree with you on taking SQL connector as the best solution to pull data from SAP, however, it does not explain the behavior we experienced in the first place with the OLAP connector, the newer version seems not to be as stable as the previous.

Regards